Acupuncture has proven helpful in strengthening the body’s immune system, as well as reducing symptoms of cancer treatment. Because acupuncture treats the whole body, it can help increase immune strength that can fight against disease like ovarian cancer and polycystic ovary syndrome. By using acupuncture points, acupuncture is able to release blockages that may be preventing the body from its natural flow.
For those going through cancer treatment for ovarian cancer, acupuncture can act as an important alternative to help with symptoms of treatment. Acupuncture has been known to help nausea caused by chemotherapy and reduce overall pain. Cancer treatment involving chemotherapy and other drugs can have many side effects; acupuncture works to counterbalance these symptoms with almost no side effects or pain.
Although ovarian cysts can sometimes go away on their own, other times they require extra treatment to be resolved. Ovarian cysts can be caused by a number of factors including an imbalance of hormones. Acupuncture works by bringing the body back to balance, regulating blood supply and hormone levels.
In a study done by the University of Heidelberg, Germany, researchers found that acupuncture is an effective alternative therapy for female infertility due to hormone disorders.
According to the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, acupuncture can prove as a valuable alternative to western medicine when it comes to treating women with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Women with PCOS struggle with conceiving, which can be very frustrating and upsetting. Western treatments involving surgery and prescription medication can be costly and have severe side-effects. Acupuncture has been found to be a less expensive, safer alternative for the treatment of PCOS.
One study done of women with secondary ovarian failure, where women struggle to conceive, found that the group receiving acupuncture treatment had long-lasting results without side effects compared to those receiving a fertility drug called clomiphene
If you are battling with ovarian complications or looking for preventative care, consider acupuncture as an alternative safe treatment option. Below are tips to fit into your daily routine for better ovary health.
Women with polycystic ovary syndrome, a condition involving the imbalance of sex hormones, have a higher risk of ovarian cancer and obesity. Because of this, it is even more important that those with PCOS have a healthy diet. Foods to consider into your diet:
- Lean Proteins. Limiting saturated fats can help decrease the body’s inflammation and lower the chance of ovarian cancer. Good sources of lean proteins include fish, chicken, lentils, beans and eggs.
- Fruits and Vegetables. Fruits and vegetables are never a bad choice to include more of into your diet. They are packed with vitamins and antioxidants to help strengthen your body’s immune system and fight disease. Tomatoes and onions can especially help prevent ovarian cancer.
- Nuts and Seeds. Healthy fats are important for ovary health. The unsaturated fats in nuts and seeds can provide omega-3 fats that can reduce inflammation and help decrease your cancer risk.
Women who are overweight or obese have a higher risk of developing ovarian cancer. Along with a healthy diet, it is important to have regular exercise to maintain health. Exercise is thought to help the body’s immune system, which in turn can help prevent obesity and ovarian cancer. Starting off with moderate exercise that includes taking a walk most days or light jogging can even be impactful on lowering your risk.
- Chinese Herbs. Cinnamon and rehmannia is a common combination of herbs that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine to treat ovarian cysts. These herbs can be found out at health stores as well as be ordered online.
- Brassica vegetable extract. Brassica vegetable extract is a natural antioxidant that can help prevent disease such as cancer, diabetes and other chronic diseases. Brassica vegetables include kale, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and Brussels sprouts. These vegetables contain glucosinolates, which work as an anti-carcinogen, helping to decrease the risk of cancer. You can find brassica vegetable extract in your local health food store.
Along with these lifestyle guidelines, consider acupuncture for preventative treatment as well as managing an existing problem to help get you back on the road to better health.
The information provided on this site is for reference only and should not be taken as medical recommendations or professional guidance.Share this Blog