What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture, with Chinese herbal therapy, is a pillar of traditional Chinese medicine, a holistic healthcare system used in China and other East Asian countries for many centuries. Acupuncture is the medical practice of inserting micro-fine, sterilized needles at physically significant points on the body to stimulate and activate metabolic and physiological natural functions to treat disorders, prevent disease and improve well-being.
The patient’s specific diagnosis dictates the selection and combination of acupuncture points for the treatment. Most people find acupuncture treatments relaxing with a sensation of radiating warmth, as the energy flows freely across the body, bringing peace and a sense of balance.
For additional information on Acupuncture, click here.
Which conditions are effectively treated with Acupuncture?
Acupuncture can be used in the treatment of acute and chronic disorders, as well as in preventing illnesses and maintaining well-being. Acupuncture has been proven to be effective in the treatment of a variety of conditions:
- Neurological – headache, migraine, trigeminal neuralgia, sciatic neuralia, intercostal neuralgia, postoperative pain, phantom limb pain, peripheral neuropathy, facial paralysis, seizures, epilepsy, cerebral palsy, stroke residuals, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease
- Musculoskeletal – rheumatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, tendinitis, bursitis, cervical syndrome, whiplash syndrome, backache, disk problems, shoulder pain, tennis elbow, sprains and strains
- Respiratory – allergy & hay fever, asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, pulmonary adima
- Psychiatric & Emotional – anxiety, depression, nervousness, neuroses, neurasthema, insomnia, hysteria
- Gastrointestinal – nausea, gastrodypia, hyperacidity, chronic diarrhea, nervous diarrhea, indigestion, constipation, abdominal pain
- Gynecological – irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, cramps, amenorrhea, menorrhea, leukorrhea, infertility, menopausal syndrome, obstetrics
- Eye, ear, nose, throat & dental – tinnitus, menieres disease, toothache, TMJ, glaucoma, laryngitis, sinusitis, ringing in the ears
- Skin conditions – discoloration, varicose veins, psoriasis, eczema, acne, rashes, allergic rashes, wrinkles, facelifts, hives
- Other – sexual dysfunction, obesity, addictive disorders, smoking addiction, hypertension, nausea, fatigue, health maintenance, reverse breech birth
The information provided on this site is for reference only and should not be taken as medical recommendations or professional guidance.